Many thanks to Karen Gowen who has given me my first ever blog award. And very pretty it is, too. I’m delighted.
Now for the more difficult part. Five fascinating things about me. Hmmm…
- I have bunions and flat feet.
- I’m in the second half of my first century.
- I’ve lived about three fifths of my life outside my country of birth.
- I love to dance – in the centre, with everyone watching me.
- I’m an extrovert, but most people I know wouldn’t agree with that.
And five bloggers who deserve to receive this award. I’ve tried to choose bloggers who haven’t received so many awards that their reaction is no longer, “How lovely!” but rather, “Not again!”
In no particular order:
- Jean Davison, who went through hell and came out smiling, and who should blog more often 🙂
- Mapelba, who highlights fascinating scenes from her life and always sets me thinking with the questions she poses.
- Jon’s Mom, who explains social anxiety amazingly well and should also blog more often.
- Elisabeth, for whose blog this award is probably too trivial.
- Hasses aren’t only avocados, because it’s FUNNY.
EDIT (3 March, 2010): The Jon’s Mom blog is now here.
9 replies on “A Blog Award”
Thanks, Miriam. I’m most heartily flattered. I have never yet received a blog award and I’m not sure about what is entailed. I hope not too much, other than my gratitude for your appreciation of my blog.
I’m pleased also to encounter yours, and your obvious endorsement of the value of writing as a means of helping us to get through life. Thank you again.
Well, it’s up to you. You’re supposed to post the image, link back to me, list 5 things about you, and pass on the award to 5 other blogs. But I’m not sure all those things fit the tone of your blog.
Ahh, you express it so well: “writing as a means of helping us to get through life.” It’s so much more than “writing for therapy.”
Okay, now I am wondering what your country of birth is?? P.S. Thanks for adding yourself as a follower to my blog! Now I’m up to 67 woo hoo! Only 3 more to go and I’ll hit 70! Thanks heavens I’m not talking age here lol.
You’re welcome. My country of birth? UK > Great Britain > England.
That is lovely! Only now I’ve got to think of five fascinating things…! Thank you, Miriam. You often manage to take something I’ve thought about and put it in a new light, which is such a good thing. Glad we’ve come across each other out here.
Glad you’re glad! Me too.
Oooh, thanks for this, Miriam! You’ve made my day.
[…] some nice folks have given me awards at one time or another. DarcsFalcon, Miriam, and JES are the most recent. JES and Darcs both mention the Sunshine Award, JES talks about a […]