Was it coincidence or fate? On Sunday, I came across several references to music.
- Kathy Sharp explained how an ear worm was the inspiration for her new book and shared a fabulous piece of music.
- Ailsa Abraham posted her own ear worm:
- Bracha Bogot shared:
- Scott Perkins shared Itzhak Perlman’s picture:
- And I wondered which pieces of music could become my ear worm. A different one each day, I think. And then I returned to a question I’ve been wondering for some time. Which eight pieces of music would I take if I were to be marooned on a desert island? I often wonder that when I listen to BBC Radio 4’s, Desert Island Discs… not that I expect to ever be invited onto the programme. I haven’t come up with a list yet, but it would be an interesting exercise for another post.
- I also thought about music in my novels. There is one – probably the next to be completed – that contains quite a lot of references to classical music. I would love to see that one in print, and not just because of the music.
Author of the Day
Kathy Sharp writes not-quite-real fiction in the Larus Trilogy of novels. She also writes excellent short stories that appear on her Goodreads blog. And she writes song lyrics.