Today I celebrate a special anniversary. On this day, a year ago, my first novel, Neither Here Nor There, was published. I will always be indebted to the people at Crooked Cat Publishing for making that happen.
Last month, I posted a poem based on the acknowledgements. Today I want to reflect on some of the things that have happened to me because of that event:
- I met a wonderful group of authors, some of whom I have highlighted in various posts.
- I joined Toastmasters and continue to learn how to give speeches.
- I gave several online interviews.
- I wrote several guest posts that were published around the blogosphere.
- I read from my novel, first to the attendees of my offline launch party and later to a larger audience.
- I took part in Indie Authors Appreciation Week, organised by Carmilla Voiez.
- I gave my first author talk.
- And shortly there will be a very special event that I will tell you about in August.
6 replies on “Anniversary”
Happy anniversary! Until you actually publish, you have no idea of the opportunities that will open up for you. I struggle with public speaking, but it looks like you’re doing well with it 🙂
I’m an exhibitionist at heart, although most people don’t know that!
Happy Anniversary – and many more to come! It doesn’t seem like a year since this happened.
Very true. Thank you 🙂
Happy Anniversary–I enjoyed your book 🙂
It is an odd experience to read a novel where the setting is so familiar. In addition to that, as someone with a connection to two young people who left the haredi world as teens, your novel truly spoke to me.
Thank you, Cara! In that case, I must have got it right 🙂