Thursday was fun. We ventured out into our snow-covered garden. I took photos, saw lots of other photos on Facebook, read comments about the snow and blogged about it. In the afternoon we received a phone call from the supermarket. They wouldn’t be able to deliver our order the next day. We looked to see what food we had. OK, we could manage.
On Friday we woke up to more snow and no electricity. Not so nice. We had no heating, no hot water and no Internet. And batteries that wouldn’t last for long.
On Saturday the snow was thicker. Thicker than I’ve ever seen it anywhere. And the electricity only came back in the evening after being off for 40.5 hours.
But it could have been worse.
- We were able to cook on gas rings. When we moved here we considered using electricity because it would have been easier. But we decided we prefer cooking on gas. Just as well!
- We also turned on the gas to heat up the kitchen.
- We had enough food to keep going.
- If they’d delivered the food we ordered, it would have gone off.
- There were four of us at home. I wouldn’t have liked to be alone in that situation.
- We saw a lot more of each other than usual.
It’s good to look at the silver lining.
Updated with photos: same place, different days.
2 replies on “Powerless”
Photos of snow always look appealing, but the reality is different. Glad you didn’t suffer too much.
The snow was beautiful, though.