…List of good memoirs
This post is one of 26 I am writing for the A-Z Challenge on the subject of writing a memoir. I’m not an expert in writing memoirs, but I’m exploring the topic with thoughts about writing one, and am happy to share the fruits of my exploration.
How many times have I read that to be a good writer you have to read in your genre?
These are some great memoirs, which I have read, listed in no particular order. Do you want to add any?
- Frank McCourt: Angela’s Ashes
- Jeannette Walls: The Glass Castle
- Elizabeth Gilbert: Eat, Pray, Love
- Alice Kaplan: French Lessons: A Memoir
- Stephen King: On Writing
- Barack Obama: Dreams from My Father
- Jean Davison: The Dark Threads
- Reva Mann: The Rabbi’s Daughter
- John Grogan: Marley & Me
- Jo Carroll: Hidden Tiger Raging Mountain (a travel memoir)
Note: I love to read your comments, especially when they’re attached to the right post. Please remember the Comment link is at the top of this post.